Mar 6, 2007

Thar's Gold in Them Thar Hills!

Right, so last weekend some friends and I did the Chinese New Year's Treasure Hunt here in San Francisco and it was super fun. I think most of us agreed we'd like to do it again next year. But here are a few tips for anyone else who might want to participate, that I wish we'd known before we'd done it this time around:

  • Take a little time to study a map of downtown and North Beach. You'll need to know lots of street names as well as restaurants and landmarks.
  • Bring snackies! This should be obvious though because everything is better when food is involved.
  • If you are as woefully out of shape as I am, avoid the Fillmore steps at all costs. Sure, the views at the top are breathtaking but they are hellish, my friend.
  • Another thing to stay away from: the crazies running in single file with head lamps on. If anyone on a team is yelling, the fun is immediately sucked out of it.
All in all, I'm so glad we did it and I'm totally looking forward to doing it again in '08!

No comments: